Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 599GTB - Modificato Project

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Bad news, pressure test revealed leak from the radiator.

New rad required.
    So this years annual and MOT threw up leaking rad that was too shaky and in an awkward position to repair plus weeping cam covers that needed fresh gaskets along with fitting the new MAFís. Even with my preferential rate and self sourced parts it was a £5600 bill so V12 ownership costs continue as predicted. I did just over 4,000 miles last year of which 3k were the Mille Miglia trip. Interesting fact is it passed the MOT emissions test (just) on the pre-cats only. So running with std back boxes and Ďtest pipesí at the moment. This is actually quite close to the GTO Set-up and sounds very nice. Nice long test drive planned for Sunday.

Name
    CPD

So the test drive was not without incident.
    23 miles drove no issue, 23 miles return no issues, third key cycle Ďpingí CEL light and Ďengine control system failure. Cue sleepless night as Brain goes into full problem imagineering mode before we put it on SD3 today for the following error code.
    Name:  52533212-1EFA-4922-9B3B-1C18302E2BC0.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  70.7 KB
    This was present on both banks so given we have two new MAFís, sensors etc can only really be software now. Quick trawl through the history of the dealership and sure enough there was a software upgrade at some point needed when fitting newer Bosch MAFís. This makes the case for using main dealer as the next recourse is the factory for an update. We need to send this info so they know what the baseline is.
    Name:  F015636D-2A55-47A2-9422-73B5CE673280.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  61.5 KB
    Unlike other marques Ferrari policy is not to automatically upgrade software as and when as their policy is if it ainít causing errors leave well alone. Given that my MAF and all sensors have been changed itís likely a compatibility issue with my software and new components. The 599 had a big software upgrade at a build number just before mine and then another when the HGTE package came out. Letís see what the factory send to sort it.
    Watch this space...

Name
    Mark

The intake air temp sensor is incorporated into the MAF so I think you are spot on with with your diagnosis. The other cause of course is a faulty MAF, but given the error is on both banks, that's less likely.

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    The intake air temp sensor is incorporated into the MAF so I think you are spot on with with your diagnosis. The other cause of course is a faulty MAF, but given the error is on both banks, that's less likely.
    Agree we all stood around it this morning and said itís the only sensible conclusion - famous last words of course!

Letís see what martino and the road car team in Maranello come back with...

Name
    CPD

So new software loaded and collected the car today. Will likely have to complete three driving cycles to be sure it’s solved the problem. Still nice weather so shouldn’t be a problem.

This version is the latest software produced by Ferrari for the motronic 5.2 for the 599. It is actually a revision of the HGTE version so nice upgrade by default.

Yet another main dealer benefit as files have to come from Italy direct and then loaded with two diagnostic machines simultaneously.

Name:  060A8F73-AB30-47A3-A2D1-33FA1ABEB6A7.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  63.7 KB
    Last edited by Modificato; 20-04-2018 at 01:06 PM.

FtechEng is offline Burnt out Rover Metro Sponsor
    Name
    Tim

Hi Mod, the 599 doesnt have 5.2 motronic, its fitted with ME7.
    Also it cannot be uploaded to both ecu's simultaneously as you can only upload one ecu at a time using the Sd3.
    Im very interested in the outcome of this update so please keep us informed.

Name
    Mark

Good stuff. As an aside I have started to document software versions, hardware versions, and release dates for the F430. I haven't got anywhere yet with actual data capture, but I see keeping backups as an essential part of long-term ownership. The reality is there will come a point where this kind of thing isn't available, and the modules - although generally reliable- don't always last forever.

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Good stuff. As an aside I have started to document software versions, hardware versions, and release dates for the F430. I haven't got anywhere yet with actual data capture, but I see keeping backups as an essential part of long-term ownership. The reality is there will come a point where this kind of thing isn't available, and the modules - although generally reliable- don't always last forever.
    Mark,
    Any idea what the motronic recovery menu on Xdiag does?
    Iím not brave enough to try....

Name
    CPD

ANS: in BOLD

Quote Originally Posted by FtechEng View Post
    Hi Mod, the 599 doesnt have 5.2 motronic, its fitted with ME7.

OF COURSE _ MY BRAIN FOG AS I WAS TALKING F355 AT THE TIME OF WRITING
    Also it cannot be uploaded to both ecu's simultaneously as you can only upload one ecu at a time using the Sd3.

IT WAS QUITE A PROCEDURE THAT WAS SENT FROM THE FACTORY NOT THE NORMAL APPROACH

Im very interested in the outcome of this update so please keep us informed.
    I HAVENT DRIVEN IT YET BUT MY SON HAS - WILL REPORT SOON

Name
    CPD

Agree - important work

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast