Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: O/T : My first Hybrid

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Mod I know you are never wrong, and know everything, but your words were he will sue for Ďmis-sellingí. so the first line mis-quote ??? - thats exactly what you said.
    Wow you too?

This is like collective cognitive dissonance here I have cut and pasted it for you so you can see what was clearly not read

"but he is considering that he will sue for Ďmis-sellingí. More and more of this will happen as these lev6 diesels donít work in urban settings / short journeys.

Pretty key word you missed there.

I even went further in a subsequent post to say I didn't think he would win but raised a technical point about fitness for purpose. I didn't claim anything or take a position other than that of the example of one consumer and then add some opinion about euro lev6 diesels and not being fit for purpose short journeys.

I then get attacked for taking a position I didn't take and supposedly countering with an opinion of my own.

The two combatants here are short on comprehension or they are speed reading and doing too much HRT

Seriously gents FFS

sssdu01 is offline I mince along like a girl Club Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Mod you are the U turn expert on this forum and what has Hormone Replacement Therapy got to do with anything ???

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Mod you are the U turn expert on this forum and what has Hormone Replacement Therapy got to do with anything ???
    So you accept you mis-quoted, jumped to a conclusion, and then decided to attack an argument or U-turn that was only in your imagination.

Hmm my U-turns?

1) I can think of buying an exhaust I didnít rate very highly but changed my mind when it was 1/3 the price and having tried four others.

2) I can remember I was selling my 430 but then decided not to

3) I can remember asserting that since the modern V8ís era a well specíd previous model is better than a Boggo subsequent model. That seemed to get a lot of people bent out of shape but U-turn?

Youíll have to send the links of any others...

The HRT was a whoosh moment...donít worry about it.

Name
    birdseye

Quote Originally Posted by KenC View Post

Buying a car is not buying a regulated financial product where you need to know your client (some of the associated insurance products are). The decision on what car rests firmly with the buyer. If the buyer doesn't do the research to buy the right car then there is only one person to blame and it is not the salesman.
    I have never seen why financial products should require a salesman to be your dutch uncle. If someone is so dim they cant understand a simple pension plan, they shouldnt be out on the streets alone.

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    I have never seen why financial products should require a salesman to be your dutch uncle. If someone is so dim they cant understand a simple pension plan, they shouldnt be out on the streets alone.
    I might concur with you on a personal level and having never really bought PPI, extended warranties, critical injury insurance, endowment mortgages, pension plan or any other Ďproductí where people gamble with my money, I donít see why either BUT then...

Donít you wonder why so many did and why the financial services industry has been forced to introduce the regulations it has.

The PPI scandal alone shows that either we have wholescale dim-witted-ness or those steps ARE necessary to save people from doing things they donít really understand or need.

In many sectors the people within it are experts and do it every day yet find it hard to empathise with those interacting with them are only ever going to be total amateurs. If you only do something once every five years and things change year on year how are you ever going to be anything but amateur?

Itís like security staff and frequent flyers getting angry with annual holidaymakers at airport security for slowing them down and not knowing all the regulations.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345