Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New headers fitted on my F430

Name
    Paul

Default New headers fitted on my F430

I finally got around to get my after market headers fitted on my new F430. Although I had bought them 3 months ago, immediately after I bought the the car, I had never taken the time to get around to it. The reason for upgrading the Ferrari manifolds the first place was not because they were defective (my car being a 2008 model - it already had the markII model), but a combination of the following reasons: 1) I wanted to be able to preserve the original ones for the day I decided to sell the car (hopefully never), 2) I liked the sound of the car better with real headers, 3) the preventive maintenance nature of the operation and 4) the small added benefit of slight BHP increase and weight decrease.

After quite a bit of research, and having spoken to a few owners who had fitted Topspeed on their F430s, I decided to go for the same model - which I feel offers amazing value and decided to spend the difference on quality heat insulation coating through Zircotek.

As discussed on previous posts, having had interactions and having been utterly impressed with Aldous Voice, I decided to use his services to get them fitted... and Oh Boy was I right to do it. Not only Aldous and his business partner Harvey offer top notch customer service (easy drop-off / pick up in London), the quality and thoroughness of the actual work, as well as the communication were second to none! I mean properly unreal! The rates and hours quoted were very competitive as well...

Aldous is so knowledgeable about those cars, and he knows exactly what to look for. He inspected the car thoroughly and sent me pictures along the way to keep me in the loop on the progress of the work... I mean who does that. All of it on whatsapp for live diagnostics in case something comes up.

Although the car had gone through a Ferrari PPI at the time of purchase (at the Rome main dealer), I was still a bit nervous and not 100% sure of the real condition of the car. Aldous took time to do an all around proper inspection, and came up with 2 things in addition to the headers replacement - one which needed sorting: ball joints degradation, which he replaced with HE parts at a very reasonable price, and 2) the other one which just had to be monitored, that he attributed to the limited use of the car prior to me purchasing it (16k miles on the clock only 3k miles driven over the past 4 years).

He confirmed the car was very clean and in great condition, which was a massive relief, despite my sense it was the case as the prior owner was a clean freak. The pictures definitely attest to the cleanliness of the car. Knowing that you have a clean car, that always was maintained properly, is definitely putting my mind at ease.

As you can see on the pictures, Aldous also fitted Lambda Sensor Extenders to avoid risks of Engine Management Light trigger... I am happy to report that no EML error message manifested so far.

As if that level of service wasn't already enough, they took the totally awesome and very kind liberty to machine-polish my car and did correct a couple of small scratches/swirl marks here and there prior to return it to me... and wait for it... for FREE!!

Needless to say that I cannot recommend those guys enough. As you can tell from the blurb, I am incredibly happy - they are top guys!

Equally as impressive is the noise that my car now makes... It is truly epic - although I haven't been able to really stretch it out on open roads (living in London) I took it down through a couple of tunnels... Oh my!: you should have seen that stupid grin on my face :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images                

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Nice clean engine and you can now join the ranks of owners who have the standard exhaust "ready to refit" ........ or more likely put in a cardboard box and give to the next owner who will also keep it "ready for refit" ..... who will also pass onto the next owner

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Nice clean engine and you can now join the ranks of owners who have the standard exhaust "ready to refit" ........ or more likely put in a cardboard box and give to the next owner who will also keep it "ready for refit" ..... who will also pass onto the next owner
    Don't worry in 20years time they can use the parts to classiche certify the car by returning it to an inferior state...

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Don't worry in 20years time they can use the parts to classiche certify the car by returning it to an inferior state...
    +1 My orignal exhaust, cats, pedals etc are all sat gathering dust. No one will ever likely refit them But I feel I can't/shouldn't sell them on.

Those new headers look great

Name
    Phil

Default manifolds

Those manifolds look great.
    That engine is nearly as clean as mine, was it already that clean or did you do it?

Name
    Carper Mike

+1 they look very good indeed

A random thought ( and not wishing to sound like a killjoy you understand ) but should such a modification be advised to the insurance company ? They can be nit picking ba****ds in the unfortunate event of a claim, especially a fire ( god forbid ) !

My car like most has an aftermarket sports exhaust fitted but every year i make sure to tell them about it so they insure it in the knowledge it is there.

Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Taylor View Post
    Those manifolds look great.
    That engine is nearly as clean as mine, was it already that clean or did you do it?
    It was as is when i bought it. The previous owner was a clean maniac, and that car was part of his many cars collection (inc a 330, 288 gto, F40 and F12 TDF...). I bought the car from Rome, and it had never seen rain in its life according to its owner.

Name
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by rivarama View Post
    It was as is when i bought it. The previous owner was a clean maniac, and that car was part of his many cars collection (inc a 330, 288 gto, F40 and F12 TDF...). I bought the car from Rome, and it had never seen rain in its life according to its owner.
    Great for you, it took me many hours to get mine looking like that.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Taylor View Post
    Great for you, it took me many hours to get mine looking like that.
    Phil what product have you used to get the white powdery stuff off the aluminium castings ?

Name
    Phil

Phil what product have you used to get the white powdery stuff off the aluminium castings ?
    I used solvol autosol and elbow grease. Once it is clean and polished it is easy to keep it polished

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast