Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This looks cheap

Name
    Paul

Default This looks cheap

Just saw this on PH

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...lo-lhd/9171065

Even if LHD this looks very cheap for a 1999 thatís averaged 2k miles a year. Anybody knows this car?

Not that I need a second Ferrari in my stable, but for the right price and condition, I could consider a higher mileage V12 (either 550 or 612).

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

You're wrong, you do need a V12. Get it bought

Looks good from the photos, the leather on the dash and seat especially compared to other examples

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

That looks lovely and would be my next car if it was RHD and I had the funds

I second the get it bought comment from Gordon.
    The clutches are heavy though.....

Name
    Paul

Guys... this is NOT helping!! The LHD doesnít bother me at all as I am Europe born and will retire there eventually. For the record, my F430 is already LHD.
    It looks gorgeous!! Feels like a big discount over the RHD

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

All black inside isn't my favourite colour scheme, but I've seen examples with half the mileage look more tired - drivers bolster worn, leather peeling/shrinking on the dash etc.

The condition of the interior is a positive that the rest of the car may be in similar condition, and looked after

Name
    Paul

I am tempted to make a piss taking offer at £55k and see what happens... how could the wife say no if the sellers says yes at this price ;-)

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Quote Originally Posted by rivarama View Post
    Just saw this on PH

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...lo-lhd/9171065

Even if LHD this looks very cheap for a 1999 thatís averaged 2k miles a year. Anybody knows this car?

Not that I need a second Ferrari in my stable, but for the right price and condition, I could consider a higher mileage V12 (either 550 or 612).
    It does looks really nice, and priced £25k less than where I'd sell mine. It has to be worth a call to Roger for more info. These are such nice cars.

Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyjonkers View Post
    It does looks really nice, and priced £25k less than where I'd sell mine. It has to be worth a call to Roger for more info. These are such nice cars.
    I called them and the car is under offer at the moment but likely to fall through as the buyers financing is not going well.
    He sent me the service history - and it feels very ďeuropeanĒ as in the service was miles based rather than performed annually... the belt seems to have been done every 3/4years though. When the car was brought in the UK in 2014, it finally got on an annual service schedule at well known indies and main dealers.
    The only major concern lie in the fact that the car didnít get serviced in its first 3 years and only got an oil change after 20k miles. Would that be a terminal red flag?
    The car will be serviced at a main dealer prior to sale.

Name
    cgt

Check the engine mounts (upgrade to 575 mounts is good), steering rack and dash bubbling. All expensive items, to get my dash retrimmed properly with a seamless match cost £4k.

550s are always better when used, having had an ultra low miler and a 50k miler, the high mile car was faultless whilst I had several recurring niggles with the low miles car.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Name
    jos

I see Mike at Rardley is showing something similar - fewer miles but slightly more expensive

http://www.rardleymotors.com/docs2/c...el_year%20DESC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast